Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Hammer and Nails



Here is a step of the process that I'm hesitant to show due to my poor drawing skills. I feel that it's an important step to show because woodworking isn't always sharp tools on wood that makes a completed project. It's a culmination of different skills, experiences and time standing at the bench that goes into something. I often get asked how long does it take to make a chair? I think what people want is a nice clean answer like 60 hours. But it’s a result of a long-career and many many mistakes to learn the craft of design as well as the technical expertise. The reality is I started making that chair when I was 9 years old when I first grabbed dad's hammer and a can of nails and went out to build a tree fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment